6.28.2010

I wish, I wish, I wishhhh

I really wish my mom would have taught me how to sew when I was a child! I'm so sad about it right now. She went to Parson's. She worked with Calvin Klein straight out of college. She even had her own boutique in Georgetown right before I was born! Yet she never once sat me down and showed me how a sewing machine worked. I remember always thinking to myself "why does her sewing machine look so different from regular ones?" Turns out she had an amazing industrial serger and I never got a chance to use it! WHAT THE HECK, MOM?!

Why this sudden flood of emotion, you ask? THIS:



AND THIS:


Can I just say that I died when these images loaded on my screen at about 5am this morning?! Ahhhhhhhhh! The patterns are on sale for $6.99 from $30 regular price! Do I dare buy them? I should. Then I'll send them to my mom and demand restitution because I should know everything there is to know about sewing!

She's got some 'splainin' to do...

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥