6.22.2011

Roundup #2

Just a few small projects make up my second roundup. I made Andrew not one, not two, BUT THREE cycling caps! It would be impressive if I hadn't taken so long to finish them... Our weekends are usually hectic once the weather gets nice around here, so that's my excuse (the weather hasn't even been nice).

Day 10: Practice Hat
The first hat was sewn from some scrap fabric I had so I could make a better fitted one than the previous one I made him.



Day 11: Prep for the Real Hats
I went out on a limb here and chose some really sheer, breathable fabric from... BOXER SHORTS! I figured "why not?" and immediately learned my lesson.



Day 14: Late Night Sewing
I grabbed a beer and finally buckled down to sew the damned thing!



Day 15: Finished Cap
So, I learned a few things: Some fabrics are an absolute nightmare to sew, such as super cheap polyester blends that run like crazy. Also, matching plaid prints? Pffft, whatever! These'll be worn under his helmet so everything will be alright, alright?!



Day 16: Bracelets!
@CreateStuff tweeted "Can you get excited about triangles, glasses, flannel, and obscure music? Today's theme is hipsters!!" So naturally I made a bracelet featuring triangles. I think the bracelet could sense its own irony and forced itself to pop.



Day 17: Beginnings of a Paper Bag Skirt
I even practiced some new seam finishes thanks to Gertie!



Day 18: FAIL
It seems Very Purple Person's easy full skirt and I just weren't cut out for one another. It looked so silly on I didn't even take a proper photo (or hem the bottom). Plus my cheap-o elastic popped as soon as I sewed my casing shut. Whatever.



Day 20: Final Cycling Cap
Another plaid, another nightmare.



I almost forgot to mention all of the hats were sewn using a slightly modified version of this free pattern with thin plastic from a folder for the bills.

I decided to dedicate any down time I may have to crocheting my skirt, so that's how I spent day 12 and day 13. I had hoped to finish in time and include the skirt in my final roundup but don't hold your breath... Day 19 is a separate blog post in and of itself, but I'm not the mood to get all ~emotional~ about Father's Day right now. Today's the 22nd and all I've done is this lousy blog post! I still have some time left before midnight gets here + I'll include yesterday in my final roundup since it's still a work in progress :)

17 comments:

  1. You and Andrew are just so perfect for each other. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just so perfect in every way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT TO. I'd hang out with you and Rachy all the time and we'd cook for each other and I'd ply with your pups and I'd sing 'Sweet Home Chicago' all day long. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so, so much!
    Oh by the way, you won my giveaway. If you could email me your contact info/shipping address it'd be swell.

    gazelma @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Stina: I know you are but what am I?

    @Frances: All day every day!

    @Gazel: Ahh!! I never win things! I'll email you now right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think your blog very informative, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visit everyday some sites and sites to read articles or reviews, but this weblog provides quality based articles.
    obat aborsi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    cara menggugurkan kandungan
    tanda tanda kehamilan
    jual obat aborsi

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information for us.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grazie per la condivisione. Spero che sarĂ  utile per troppe persone che sono alla ricerca di questo argomento. rumah minimalis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥