5.05.2010

All done!

Well, not quite, but at least the move is over. I cannot even express the happiness Andrew and I felt Saturday night. We had two movers from U-Haul plus a freight truck! It was literally insane. Packing/moving left us making horrible food decisions and we were really feeling it by the time Monday rolled around, not to mention the sore arms, knees, calves, and feet.

A sight that will never be seen again! Not in the new apartmenet, not everrr!

After finishing up the kitchen yesterday, I finally made our 1st home cooked meal in the new place. I made Shakshuka and it was divine. I was so tempted to make pitas as well but I didn't have half the ingredients or time, so pita chips took their place. I was so nervous I'd crack the yolks, I took 2 minutes to add 6 eggs...


Very satisfying meal.

I'd never heard of Shakshuka before but this is definitely going to be a staple in this kitchen. Jalapenos, onions, feta, tomatoes, eggs? What more could anyone ever ask for in a meal? Super cheap and quick to make, spicy and hearty but healthy... I wish I was eating another bowl right now, but I have to stop blabbering about it already. Tonight's class is going to be part lesson, part lab and I'm so behind! I need to get to work so I can finally catch up. I'll be posting photos of the apartment as soon as we've gotten more unpacking done. So excited :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't suppose I could get the recipe from you. I'd never heard of it before either, but I'm always looking for new recipes to try. If you have a chance, my e-mail is kmmehta at hotmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Kimberly, I'll email it you to now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥