10.03.2013

Get the Look with Stila's In the Garden

Finally, I started using another Stila palette from the ridiculously awesome sale last spring. Remember how I ended up getting all four of the In the... palettes for under $12 a pop? I'm elated about it even now!

Get the Look with Stila's In the Garden Get the Look with Stila's In the Garden
Get the Look with Stila's In the Garden - eye open Get the Look with Stila's In the Garden - eye closed

Stila's In the Garden eyeshadow palette is just as nice to work with as In the Moment, which is great because some brands really struggle with consistency. The color payoff is awesome when applied dry but these eyeshadows can also be worn wet. Imagine how much more intense this look would have been wet! It takes minimal effort to blend and though they're on the drier side, and very occasionally powdery (I'm looking at you, matte shades), I still totally recommend Stila's In the Garden.

Products Used:
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
Stila In the Garden
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara
NYX Wonder Pencil in Light
e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in Medium

Get the Look with Stila's In the Garden - products used

I still haven't touched the Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner you get in each palette, but I hear those aren't the best. I'm not much of an eyeliner pencil gal myself, so my experience is super limited.

Get the Look with Stila's In the Garden Tutorial

Step 1: Pat sage (Sage) onto inner 2/3 of eyelid with an eyeshadow brush.
Step 2: Pat forest green (Juniper) to outer 1/3 of eyelid.
Step 3: Apply pink violet (Rosette) to outer crease and blend with a blending brush.
Step 4: Apply violet blue (Freesia) to crease and blend with a crease brush.
Step 5: Apply cream (Chinois) as highlight to brow bone and tear duct with finger.
Step 6: Apply golden beige (Breeze) to lower lash line with a pencil brush.
Step 7: Line waterline with nude waterproof eyeliner.
Step 8: Give yourself wings!

Stila is currently on HauteLook until tomorrow (Friday), though none of the In the... palettes are being sold. You should still check it out if you're a fan of the brand though! Don't forget to read my Get the Look post using In the Moment if you haven't!

9 comments:

  1. I love it! I don't have this palette, so I'm infinitely jealous of the amazing bargain you got on it! And your look is beautiful, too. You've inspired me to give the Elf Eyelid Primer another chance! Maybe now that the weather's cooling down it will work better for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I thought the look was a nice combination of summer and fall colors. Thankfully this palette is totally dupe-able.

      I have dry/dehydrated skin so I think that's part of why e.l.f.'s primer works for me. It doesn't crease but nothing usually does unless I overdo it. Since e.l.f.'s primer so cheap, it's worth having around in a pinch if you're ever out of your regular stuff.

      Delete
  2. Did you have any trouble getting used to that Stila eyeliner pen? I bought one a few months back and it takes me so many tries to get a good straight flick on my cat eye. When I finally do, I love it but geeeeze it makes me feel like I've never used liquid liner every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When I switched from Almay to Physician's Formula Eye Booster it totally I felt like I'd never used liquid liner either. I wasn't used to such a delicate pen tip but after a while I finally got the hang of it. It prepared me for Stila, thankfully.

      I'm not sure I prefer Stila over Physician's Formula, though I do like that it's significantly less shiny. I wish there was a true matte out there...

      Delete
    2. Seriously, why are matte liquids so hard to find! I usually just use a MAC Fluidline when I want matte but not having to use a brush would be so nice!

      Delete
    3. It's so annoying! I've never used MAC Fluidline but I've tried Wet n Wild's and Maybelline's gel liner. I liked both when applied with e.l.f.'s angled eyeliner brush but removal can be such a pain in the ass.

      Delete
  3. What a great makeup look!! Perfectly applied and the shades work fantastic with your skintone!!
    xoxo,
    Irina
    www.brandnamesus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥